The role of the security at Carlingwood Shopping Centre is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all our visitors.
The security department is responsible for all aspects of safety and security in the mall, as well as on the exterior parking structures and lots. The security department patrols Carlingwood Shopping Centre 24 hours a day, 365 days a year while providing an increased presence during the busier times of the week and year. Our team of licensed and trained security officers are able to offer assistance where and when required to ensure a pleasant experience for all of our customers.
The security department is available to assist mall patrons and tenants in many ways, including by not limited to:
- Providing First Aid / CPR (equipped portable defibrillators) to mall tenants and customers. The security department acts as first responders to any emergency medical situations in the mall.
- Locating lost children and persons.
- Assisting patrons with locating their vehicles and lost items.
- Assisting patrons with navigating through the centre.
- Ensuring personal safety through escorts and constant uniformed patrols.
In the event that you require security's assistance, security staff can be contacted through the customer service desk or by calling (613) 223-3664.
Shopping Safety Tips
- Ensure your vehicle is locked and all the widows are rolled up. Remove or conceal any valuables which are left unattended in your vehicle so they are out of sight and not visible.
- Never leave children or pets unattended in your vehicle while you are shopping in the mall.
- Always plan ahead with your child, in the event that you become separated you should have a designated meeting place.
- Keep your purse or wallet close to your body and never let them out of your sight.
Carlingwood Shopping Centre and Mall Rules
To ensure a safe and pleasant environment, Carlingwood Shopping Centre management ask that you comply with the rules of conduct listed. Violation of the mall rules would result in the issuance of a Notice Prohibiting Entry to the mall property and / or Municipal or Provincial fine. Please direct any comments or questions to the Security Manager at (613) 725-1551, ex:222 or via email: email@example.com
The following activities are prohibited on Carlingwood Shopping Centre property:
- Smoking in mall common areas and rear corridors.
- Loitering (which includes sitting in the Food Court for extended period of time without food or drink).
- Any behaviour which may interfere with the enjoyment of the facilities to other patrons and tenants (i.e. running, horseplay, fighting, using profanities, ect.).
- Wearing of disguises (i.e. ski masks, bandanas, hoods, ect.) in the mall.
- Distribution of flyers or other literature, or solicitation of products or services without written permission of mall management.
- Congregating in large groups so as to interfere with mall traffic.
- Using mall property such as tables, chairs, trash containers, ect. to any other than intended use.
- Playing of radios or other audio devices without prior authorization from mall management.
- Taking of photograph or videotaping without permission from management.
- Being in restricted areas of the mall (i.e. back corridors, designated parking stalls, barricade areas after hours) without prior permission from mall management.
- Any infraction to Ministry of Health and Occupational Health and Safety Acts or regulations, including no smoking in the building, no pets (excluding special aid pets) in the common areas, no roller skating or skateboarding. Also, shirts and shoes must be worn in the mall. Customer cooperation is required in safely using mall equipment.
Employment within the Security Department
Are you interested in working as a member of the Carlingwood Shopping Centre security department? If so, please submit your resume and cover letter, specifying if you desire part-time or full-time hours, to the customer service desk located between the RBC and Scotia bank.
Resumes are accepted on a continuous basis, with interviews held as positions become available. Ideal candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Be of good moral character with no criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
- Post secondary education is an asset but not required.
- Security experience is an asset but not required.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess excellent computer skills.
- Posses a high level of self control and self confidence.
If you have any questions or concerns about our security department, please contact the Security Manager at (613) 725-1551, ex: 222 or firstname.lastname@example.org